All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Monday 21 July 2014

Thoughts of a Liberal Conservative: Why I Don't Believe in Homeopathy

Having being banned from the Facebook Page for 'What Doctors Don't Tell You' which can be found here, I thought I'd do a quick blog explaining why I don't believe in Homeopathy.
Firstly and most importantly there is NO EVIDENCE HOMEOPATHY WORKS, OTHER THAN AS A PLACEBO. I feel this is an important point to get across. You could feed someone smarties rather than a homeopathic remedy and they would be equally as effective as said remedy. (i.e, not really.) However, if we ignore the fact that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE HOMEOPATHY WORKS, other than as a placebo (I'm trying to be fair here. Placebos have their place I realise this) lets have a look at how homeopathic remedies are created and I'll leave it to you to decide how effective you think these 'cures' will be.
As an example I will take the homeopathic remedy:
OSCILLOCOCCINUM
I'm not making any of this up, you can found out the FACTS about this 'drug' which apparently relieves the symptoms of flu, here. You might note, that though there are 'warnings' to be read about this drug, there are none of the scary, 'this may cause liver failure and death' warnings you find with normal modern medicine. Reassuring don't you think? We'll come back to this later. Moving on you'll see that the 'active ingredient' of Oscillococcinum is...

Read the rest on Thoughts of a Liberal Conservative: Why I Don't Believe in Homeopathy to find out how this exciting story ends!