All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Sunday 13 July 2014

You read what you want to read | The Poxes Blog

A few weeks ago, I told you about a secret group on Facebook that has been planning to have children infected with, among other things, chickenpox and measles. They’re actively looking for cases of these diseases in order to bring their un-vaccinated children to exchange air and body fluids with infected children in the hopes that their un-vaccinated children catch the disease and get immunity that way. Let me be clear that this is nothing short of child abuse. To knowingly infect a child with an infectious disease defies the laws of logic and moral decency.

In that post, I never once mentioned that these parents were going to be reported to “Protective Services” (CPS?). Instead, I wrote this in the first post:
“I am looking into each and every one of those names there, and I will not hesitate to contact the proper health protection authorities in the places where they live.”
And I wrote a follow-up post that also talked about their insane way of looking at diseases vs. vaccines. I did not mention Child Protective Services, nor reporting to anyone, in that post.

True to form, however, one of the members of that secret group has taken to an online forum to complain that I am trying to intimidate her...

Read the rest here: You read what you want to read | The Poxes Blog


Mini rant by AT:
Comments being closed on the original post, I'll add here that there is no such thing as immunity to chicken pox via infection. It's a herpes virus: once you've caught it, it never goes away. Chicken pox is the primo-infection; afterwards it manifests as that horribly painful disease known as shingles. 

So these unimaginably stupid people aren't conferring "natural immunity" to a disease, they are ensuring that their offspring are very much at risk of developing shingles as they get older.