All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Have I told you about my ‘miraculous’ cure? | Edzard Ernst

A few years ago, I fell ill with shingles. When patients had consulted me for this condition, during the times when I still was a clinician, I always had to stop myself smiling; they complained bitterly but, really, this was far from serious. Now, affected myself, I did not smile a bit: this was incredibly painful!

I promptly saw my GP in Exeter who, to my utter amazement, prescribed paracetamol. She too seemed to think that this was really nothing to bother her with. As I had feared, the paracetamol did absolutely nothing to my pain. After a few sleepless nights, I went back and asked for something a little more effective. She refused, and I decided to change GP
 […]

Read on: Have I told you about my ‘miraculous’ cure?