All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Tuesday 5 May 2015

That Time I ….. Ruined Friendships By Telling The Truth | The Laura Experiment

About a year ago I quit my job. I quit because I had to. I found working for the company that employed me extremely stressful, and it was not only affecting my ability to do my job but also ruining my personal life too. I was with the company 7 years before I finally quit. Not all of those years were stressful, I had some amazing times and I learnt so much, but on the whole it was a bad experience for me.

After I left I wrote a blog post about my time at the company (on a now deleted blog). In no part did i mention where the company was located, the name of the company or the names of anyone who worked there. I made sure it was unidentifiable (the only way you would know where it was was if you know me and you also worked there). I wrote, in an informal style, about my experience. Why did I do it? It was part of the healing process for me. I also wanted to share my experience of working within an Anthroposophical company with the world, as I felt at the time it was important for the outside world to know a little of the truth. Nothing I wrote was a lie, and it was all about MY experience and MY feelings...

Read on: That Time I ….. Ruined Friendships By Telling The Truth | The Laura Experiment