All excerpted posts are © the original author. Please consult their blog for the full story and to comment.

rampant

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Musings from the Mind of MetalOllie: Homeopathic Musings...

Many moons ago, when my anxiety disorder was at its peak, I had tried almost every anxiolytic and antidepressant known to mankind, each with varying degrees of success. I also tried homeopathic remedies, as my GP was a great believer in their efficacy. Initially, they did help, ever so slightly. Or so I thought...

Let's be blunt about this. Homeopathic "remedies" DO NOT WORK. Not in any meaningful way. They may help alleviate some symptoms, but this is almost always down to the placebo effect. This was certainly the case when I used them, and it was further compounded by the copious amounts of real medication I was prescribed...

Read the full post here: Musings from the Mind of MetalOllie: Homeopathic Musings...